Friday, February 24, 2017

4th floor of Main Hall at Averett University

















In my first semester at Averett, I heard a rumor about the 4th floor of Main Hall being haunted.

Our professor told us the legend about how years ago, back when the school was a women's college, a girl who lived on the fourth floor jumped out of the window after her boyfriend broke up with her. The window was right in the middle of the top floor and is now bricked up.

I was intrigued after learning the story behind the claim, and I hoped I would never have to go up to the fourth floor for any reason.

That summer, I took a work study job that was mainly filing. As it turns out, there are older files locked away on the fourth floor, so it's my job to get them sometimes.

My first time up in the fourth floor alone was terrifying. It did not help that the decorations from the haunted house for Halloween were still up, including fake blood on the walls and signs saying "GET OUT." Now, I'm used to going up there alone, and I have even learned to take the old school elevator so I don't have to take the stairs.

I have not received any confirmation about the events my professor said took place on the fourth floor many years ago, so I'm not sure how true they are. For now, it just remains a creepy rumor.

No comments:

Post a Comment